Monday, July 13, 2015

News 10

MY FAMILY!!!

2/9/15

        Mondays don't come often enough! I love getting to hear from you all and hear that you're doing okay. They also never give me enough time to give really good replies or to send you all the news about what's going on out here. I think we need to talk to President Monson about this ;).
        Well this week has really tested my patience. Our house has decided to have a mind of it's own because our lights turn on and off when ever they feel like it. We'll be in the kitchen making dinner and the lights will turn off, so we have to wiggle the light switch a couple times before the light will come back on. We've tried changing the light bulb and everything, but that didn't help. Then last night the light kept coming back on even though the switch was down... weird. Also my companion and I have been having an interesting(?) time with each other. We are definitely Not best friends. And we both know that. Sometimes she will be very short with me and I have to grit my teeth and take it. And sometimes I even get that way with her too. I still have about 6 or 7 weeks left until I'll be done with training, and then I will most likely receive a new companion. So hopefully we figure out our differences by then or that we can just hold out and keep our peace with each other until one of us gets transferred. We do have some good times though, not every minute with each other is awful. When she lets loose and gets goofy in the car or at home we really have fun joking and laughing together. Sometimes we will sing really loud and off tune in the car, or we'll randomly stop to take pictures with each other. Also we are making friends with people in the ward, and we always have fun and get along when we are with them. Also, the other day we had been having a REALLY bad day and people had been especially mean to us, so when we got home I started cooking dinner, and Sister Villegas decided to make a fort! Yes a fort. She rearranged the furniture and brought out blankets and pillows. So we ate our dinner and watched "Legacy" in our fort. :)
        Last Preparation day a less active family (The Flippos) took us and another set of sisters, out ice skating! It was SO much fun!!! I actually was getting pretty good at it by the time we left. But I did fall... a lot. I also took Sister Villegas down with me one time, that was pretty funny :). And since it was a Monday, we were the only ones there besides one other guy. Even though it was really fun I have been paying for it since then. I pulled a muscle or something in my shoulder trying to catch myself one of the times I feel. I bruised my tailbone pretty good. And we thought I had broken my hand, because it was bruised really and it hurt to move it. But I iced it and it feels okay now so I guess it's fine :).
        I've also decided that I'm going a bit more crazy each day. This whole last week I've gone crazy every time I've seen a dog. I'll sit there and pet them at dinner appointments and hold them in my lap during member lessons. Heck I even pet a random dog that came running up to us when we got out of the car. I miss having pets. One of the members here really likes dogs, especially Labradors, so we spent a good 15 minutes talking dog talk and I loved it! :)
        The people that we get to work with and teach are really starting to love and trust us more. They all want to spend our P-days with us and have fun with us. There is one in particular who has decided to "adopt" me. Her name is Renaye, and she is crazy! She is a recent convert and is  a super crazy black lady :). She has renamed me "Jan" off of the Brady Bunch. And she cooks us food every time we go to her house, she also makes us these little bead friendship bracelets. They also get after us if we don't wear gloves, a hat, a coat and a scarf everywhere we go. So we keep those in the car at all times to put on right before any lesson with her. We had told her a story the other day about some people who had been incredibly rude to us. She was very upset that anyone would be mean to us, so she made us come to her house, and she cooked us lunch and cried about how we were just so nice that no one should ever be mean to us. She's awesome :).
        There are also people here that are not nice to us at all. We went to the house of a family that hadn't been to church in a while, and when they answered the door they blew up at us big time! They started yelling at us and told us they hate the Mormons and if we were Mormon they wanted us to leave. The husband was screaming at us and I thought for sure that he would come out of the house, I was really scared. But Sister Villegas kept trying to talk to them and told them that we could help them get their records removed, but they wouldn't listen, so finally we left. It sucks how many people there are like that here.
         Friday we didn't get to do much of anything. We had a zone conference where we all got in trouble for the way we use planners, so they tried to teach us the proper way to do it. We were also informed that a new rule in the mission is that we can no longer use a pen with certain things. The rules here are weird. But when the meeting was over we went out to lunch, and that was a bad idea. I either got food poisoning or a 24 hour stomach bug thing, because we barely made it home in time for me to through up. So we ended up spending the rest of the day in the apartment, and that sucks because the things I would normally do at home, like watch movies, I can't do out here. But by the next day I was feeling better, so we were able to go back to work.
        We have this cool Sister Training Conference thing coming up on Tuesday. I have no idea what it is for or what we will be doing, but it's different from what we normally do so I'm excited for it. We also have to host some Sisters from North Carolina, but it will only be for a day and night.
        Well I'm out of time, I wish I could tell you more... maybe next time. I love you all and hope everything is going good at home and that you have a really fun Valentines day!
     Love

     Sister (Amanda) MacKay 

No comments:

Post a Comment